Introduction to Bolt and Puppet Tasks
The Puppet orchestrator is the most effective tool for initiating on-demand changes in your infrastructure. Puppet Tasks invoke changes on remote nodes in a Puppet Enterprise infrastructure. A standalone task runner, Bolt, performs the same function in non-PE environments. In two short modules, this training provides an introduction to Puppet Tasks and Bolt.
- Learn how to run a command, script, and task using Bolt.
- Understand how to choose between using model-driven configuration management and running a Puppet task
- Learn how to run a task from both the command line and the console
- Install and use tasks in modules
This training is designed for those with basic sysadmin skills:
- Server configuration and provisioning maintenance tasks
- Automating tasks with scripts